If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go. – Steve Maraboli
One thing you must realized is that you are not your past, your past is just one chapter in your life but not your whole life.In order to fully live in the present and be productive you must learn from your past, allow it to go and focus on the present.
If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission. –Anonymous
If you keep allowing your past to control you, you will lose your balance and the ability to fully enjoy the present. If you are confused in anywhere, read and allow these quotes to sink in.
1. If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate. – C. Joybell C.
2. The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it. ― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta
3. Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today. –Will Rogers
4. When we think we have been hurt by someone in the past, we build up defenses to protect ourselves from being hurt in the future. So the fearful past causes a fearful future and the past and future become one. We cannot love when we feel fear…. When we release the fearful past and forgive everyone, we will experience total love and oneness with all. ― Gerald G. Jampolsky
5. Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
6. Take it from me: If you hear the past speaking to you, feel it tugging up your back and runing its fingers up your spine, the best thing to do-the only thing-is run. ― Lauren Oliver, Delirium
7. Your past is not your potential. In any hour you can choose to liberate the future. —Marilyn Ferguson
8. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love? – Leo Buscaglia
9. Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow. – L. Ron Hubbard
10. Never let the past spoil your present or govern your future. – Author Unknown
11. Bring the past only if you are going to build from it. – Doménico Cieri Estrada
12. You need to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – Sarah Ban Breathnach
13. A lot of people go through life like they are rowing a boat. They look at where they have been (the PAST) rather than where they are going (the FUTURE). – Unknown
14. Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future. – Denis Waitley
15. our past history and all of your hurts are no longer here in your physical reality. Don’t allow them to be here in your mind, muddying your present moments. Your life is like a play with several acts. Some of the characters who enter have short roles to play, others, much longer. But all are necessary, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the play. Embrace them all, and move on to the next act. – Wayne Dyer