A Man Swallows Long Set Of Iron Tongs For Bet, Needed 4 Hour Operation

A young man was left with a foot long set of tongs in his stomach – after losing a bet.

Bhanvrabhai Meghwal, 27, was having a friendly bet with his friends when they dared him to swallow a pair of iron tongs.

To prove his nerve Bhanvrabhai, from a remote village in Rajasthan in northern India, immediately accepted the challenge and swallowed the one feet long instrument.

But minutes later, he fainted as the tongs – used in the kitchen for holding utensils – got stuck in his food pipe.

His family raced him to a hospital in Deesa, in neighbouring state Gujarat, where three doctors removed them during a four hour operation.

Dr Manoj, ENT specialist at Akash Hospital , said: “The patient had come to us in a critical condition.

“He was breathless as the wind pipe and food pipe had choked him due to the presence of the tongs.”

“His parents told us he had swallowed the kitchen pincers but we could not believe them until we saw the x-ray report ,” he continued.

“It was the first such case in my decade long career that I had seen over a foot long foreign object stuck in someone’s chest.”

“The sharp metal edges had ripped his food pipe and caused internal injuries,” he continued. “It took us four hours to repair the damage.

“He came into consciousness after 12 hours of the surgery and is stable now.”

Mirror UK

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Written by Abel Abel

Abel Abel is your leading blog that focus on breaking news, entrepreneurship and relationship


Be the First to Comment!

Notify of

MC Galaxy Meets Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz, Set To Release ‘Hello’

Video: Unborn Baby DANCES And WAVES In Womb In Unbelievable 4D Ultrasound Scan, Watch