A tragic story of Myriam Ducré-Lemay, aged 20, was told by her mother after she tragically died of a severe food allergy.
According to Mrs Ducre, Myriam was preparing for bed when her man went for a late-night peanut butter sandwich and then brushed his teeth.
The lovers shared a goodnight kiss but shortly afterwards the girl began experiencing shortness of breath.
She didn’t take her adrenaline pen and her asthma inhaler did not work.
She then asked her boyfriend if he had just eaten peanuts and when heard an affirmative answer asked him to call an ambulance.
Despite paramedics’ efforts to resuscitate her she died from a severe oxygen deprivation or cerebral anoxia.
“Everything was going well in her life. She told me she was in love. It was the first time I saw my daughter with such bright eyes.
“Sadly, she did not have the time to tell him she had a peanut allergy,” her mother, Micheline Ducré, said.