North Korea has made yet another threat of nuclear attacks on the US, claiming its warheads are aimed at key sites in Washington DC and ready to ‘wipe the country from history’.
State-run media claimed that North Korean strikes would kill more American citizens than 9/11, ‘leaving no time [for them to] even regret or have nightmares about it’.
This follows threats of pre-emptive nuclear strikes on US soil and propaganda videos featuring a submarine-launched nuclear missile laying waste to Washington DC.
‘If three civilian airplanes’ attacks from 15 years ago resulted in 3,000 deaths and brought a nightmare to life for the US, the outbreak of our final war will wipe the country from history, leaving no time (for them to) even regret or have nightmares about it,’a bulletin published by state-run publication DPRK Today said, according to NK News.
It also claimed that North Korea’s ‘most powerful, miniaturized, diversified weapon systems’ are currently aimed at the White House and Pentagon ‘from the ground, in the air and underwater.,’
This is only the most recent threat to launch nuclear attacks on the United States which North Korea has made in recent weeks, as a response to ongoing military drills between Washington and Seoul.
Last Thursday, the totalitarian communist state claimed it is preparing to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the U.S., after claiming its warheads are capable of reaching Manhattan.
The country’s Foreign Minister warned that the North Korean army has been ordered to move from preparing for potential military response to attacks on the country – to preparing to launch their own.
Foreign Minister Lee Su-yong extended the threat to its neighbours in the south, adding that ‘the Korean peninsula faces the dilemma: a thermonuclear war or peace’.
‘In response to the US frenzied hysteria for unleashing a nuclear war, we have fully transferred our army from the form of military response to the form of delivering a pre-emptive strike and we state resolutely about the readiness to deliver a pre-emptive nuclear strike,’ North Korea’s Foreign Minister Lee Su-yong said in a statement, Yonhap News reports.
Last month, a propaganda video on titled ‘Last Chance’, showing a submarine-launched nuclear missile laying waste to Washington DC, and concluding with the US flag in flames.
The four-minute video speeds through the history of US-Korean relations, ending with a digitally manipulated sequence showing a nuclear missile surging through clouds, swerving back to the earth and slamming into the road in front of Washington’s Lincoln Memorial.
The US Capitol building explodes in the impact and a message flashes up on the screen in Korean: ‘If US imperialists budge an inch toward us, we will immediately hit them with nuclear (weapons).’
Even before last month’s exercises began, North Korea’s formidable propaganda machine had been churning out articles every day condemning the US and South Korea in the strongest terms.
State newspapers and TV channels have been displaying nuclear bomb and missile mock-ups and warning it is ready at any time to launch a pre-emptive strike against the presidential residence in South Korea or even a nuclear attack on New York.
Nightly news programs have been dominated by videos of leader Kim Jong-Un watching North Korea’s own drills, replete with large-scale artillery arrays firing barrages from beachfront positions into the ocean and repeated claims that the North now has an H-bomb – which it says it tested in January – and a means of taking the war to the U.S. mainland.
North Korea has fired a slew of short-range missiles and artillery shells into the sea and has threatened nuclear strikes on Washington and Seoul since the start on March 7 of the annual springtime war games between the United States and South Korea.
Tensions are particularly high this year because the drills are the largest ever and follow a recent North Korean nuclear test and a long-range rocket launch.