President Muhamadu Buhari has sacked 26 Director Generals and managing directors of agencies and departments of government.
A statement signed by Mr. Babachir David Lawal, Secretary to the Government of the Federation said “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has approved that the most senior officers in the parastatals, agencies and councils should oversee the activities of the organizations pending the appointment of substantive CEOs.
Secretary to Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, disclosed this in a statement.
According to Lawal, the full list include:
1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
2. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Voice of Nigeria (VON)
4. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
5. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
6. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
7. New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
8. Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
9. Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
10. Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)
11. Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
12. National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
13. Petroleum Equalization Fund
14. Nigeria Railways Corporation (NRC)
15. Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP)
16. Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)
17. Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA)
18. Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
19. National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
20. Nigeria Investment Promotion Council (NIPC)
21. Bank of Industry (BoI) 22. National Orientation Agency (NOA)
23. Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
24. National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP).
25.National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) 26.Nigerian Export-Import Bank