Remember Godsey Orubebe? The former Minister of the Niger Delta who interrupted the announcement of the last presidential election because he said Jega was biased?
Well, he was few days ago charged by the Code of conduct tribunal over 70m bribe. Earlier on Sunday, Orubebe said he is being prosecuted because of his closeness and support of former president Goodluck Jonathan.
He was quoted by Vanguard: “I was served with Code of Conduct Tribunal summons on Friday last week and the paper, which I personally signed and collected stated that I was expected to appear before them on November the ninth.
“I was taken aback by the news that I had already been arraigned. This tells me that it is an issue of witch hunt which is not good for this country. It is not good to take me to the public court before being tried.
“The issues contained in the summons are that I took N50 million bribe from one of the contractors who handled a project for the ministry of Niger Delta and another N20 million from the same contractor as well as not declaring my plots of land in Asokoro and Kyame districts of Abuja. I find these charges very empty and frivolous.”